Welcome, Ezekiel Ministries - Lexington!
On Sunday, August 27, 2017, John announced the launch of Ezekiel Ministries in Lexington. EZE Lexington will be using our 314 Building every weekday after school to help mentor and tutor under-resourced students from the Lexington area.
A Brief History of Our Partnership
Ezekiel Ministries was founded in 2009 by Josh Whitlock and a group of young professionals with a desire to share the love and truth of Jesus to families in inner-city Columbia. They are now extending into Lexington and we are happy to continue to deepen our partnership with them. Since it’s inception, through your generosity, RADIUS has contributed financially to Ezekiel Ministries. With their new location in Lexington (and your continued generosity) we have increased our financial partnership to $6000 per month. We were also able to purchase a 15-passenger van that Ezekiel will use to transport students from the schools to the after school program at our building. It will also be used for field trips and other excursions to help these students learn and grow.
How Can You Help?
EZE started their afterschool program last week in Building 314 and have a variety of ways that you can help.
1. Pray. Pray for the EZE Center team, the students, and the families of the students.
2. Volunteer to read to kids. This is a 1 hour commitment and they would like 5 different folks each afternoon.
3. Contribute. They are currently looking for 13 bottom booster seats.
4. Volunteer to help clean. They are looking for men or women who are willing to serve by helping clean the building each afternoon.
5. Volunteer to prepare snacks. They need volunteers to prepare snacks for the kids. It takes about 30 minutes each day.
6. Volunteer to drive the van. They would like a consistent driver for the kids. You would pick up the van at RADIUS, drive to Lexington Elementary and New Providence and return them to RADIUS.
7. Financial support. While your generosity to RADIUS Church goes to EZE through our $6000 / month partnership, you can also support EZE directly through their website here.
8. Mentor. Mentors consistently pour into individual children at least 1x / week for a year by spending time with the child (eating lunch with them at school, visiting them at the EZE Center, etc.).
9. Assistant teachers. Assistant teachers help for 1/2 days in the classroom helping the teacher with a variety of tasks.
You can sign up to serve in any of these capacities through their online form. Click here to fill out the EZE Volunteer Form.
Thanks for your continued generosity to RADIUS Church. Your gifts make it possible for us to partner with Ezekiel and other great organizations around Columbia and around the world.