Jesus Was Born
On Sunday our RADIUS Kids learned that Jesus is the true reason for celebrating Christmas. As we heard the story of Jesus’ birth, our kids were focused on why Jesus was born. Jesus was not an ordinary baby. He entered the world as a tiny baby but he was destined to be our Savior. Jesus lived his life to become the perfect sacrifice to save us all from our sins.
It is our hope this month that each child will learn the verse John 3:16 to help ingrain in their hearts just how much God loves us. He loves us so much that he sent and sacrificed his one and only son. Through our belief in him, we are promised the wonderful gift of eternal life. That is the best gift ever!
Family Conversations and Activities
Main Points from the Bible Story:
- Jesus was born in Bethlehem.
- Angels appeared to shepherds and told them Jesus was born.
- The shepherds went to Bethlehem and found Baby Jesus in the manger.
- Jesus is God’s son.
“For God so loved world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)
Family Discussion Starters:
- What is the best news you’ve ever heard?
- Where was Jesus born? Why?
- Whom can you tell the good news?
- Talk about the day your kids were born or when an adoption was finalized. Who were the first people who came to visit? Talk about the joy of that day.
- As a family make a nativity instead of a gingerbread house. This gives your family an opportunity to talk through Jesus’ birth and the significance of each person who was present in a fun way. It helps keep your family’s focus on Jesus – the most important reason for the season. What a reason to truly celebrate! Check out this website for ideas on how to create an edible nativity.
Want to Talk About It?
Do you have questions about RADIUS Kids? Be sure to check out our Kids Page.
Want to know more about how you can engage your children in meaningful play? You can join our Facebook Group or feel free to contact Stephanie Ricard (RADIUS Kids Coordinator) or Andrea Krick (RADIUS Kids Preschool Coordinator).
Want to know more about the Gospel Project? Check out their website.
- 1.God Created
- 2.Sin Entered The World
- 3.Cain and Abel
- 4.Noah and the Ark
- 5.The Tower of Babel
- 6.God’s Covenant with Abraham
- 7.God Tested Abraham
- 8.The Promise Reaffirmed
- 9.The Stolen Blessing
- 10.Jacob’s New Name
- 11.Joseph Sent to Egypt
- 12.Joseph’s Dreams Came True
- 13.Angels Spoke To Mary & Joseph
- 14.Jesus Was Born
- 15.The Plagues, The Passover & The Crossing of the Red Sea
- 16.The Wilderness Test
- 17.The Golden Calf